Frequently asked questions
When applying for your DigiD did you say that you wish to be able to reset your password by e-mail? If so, you can create a new password at Wachtwoordherstel (Reset Password).
The application involves a number of steps:
- Go to the application form
- Enter your details and then chose your username and password. Make sure that you have your mobile telephone number and Citizens Service Number (BSN) at hand. You will find your Citizens Service Number (BSN) on your passport, ID card or driving licence.
- Within 5 days you will receive an activation code by post.
- You activate your DigiD using the activation code, your username and your password.
You can activate your DigiD using the activation code that you will receive by post within five days of applying for it. You also need your username and password. You selected these when you applied for your DigiD.
You can activate your DigiD using this information.
Have you forgotten your username or password? Unfortunately you then have to reapply for your DigiD.
Your DigiD will expire when you have not logged in using your DigiD for 3 years.
Take a look at Questions and answers for answers to any other questions.
Were you unable to find an answer to your question?
The DigiD Help Desk can be contacted as follows:
- By telephone on +31 from Monday to Friday 08.00 to 22.00 hours (CET)
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, you will receive a response within 48 hours. Please provide your telephone number in your email. Never provide your username or password in the email.
- By post to DigiD - P.O. Box 96810 - 2509 JE The Hague
Any complaints are covered by the complaints procedure of the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations.