Authorize someone | Someone is helping me

Do you want someone else to file your tax return or apply for rent benefit? With DigiD Machtigen you can ask a person or a company or organization to arrange this for you without having to issue your DigiD. You only give permission for a specific task and for a certain time.

How can I authorize someone?

Go to and log in with your DigiD. Choose to authorize someone (Iemand machtigen) and go through the steps. You will receive the authorization code during the last step.

Hand over the authorization code, together with your citizen service number (bsn), to the person who is helping you with your government affairs.